We are aware of this issue and are working hard to resolve it as soon as we can. We understand this can be frustrating, and apologise for any inconvenience caused. You may be able to get the information you need by contacting us.
- Privacy Notice Summary Care Record BMC
- Privacy Notice Risk BMC
- Privacy Notice Recruitment Data
- Privacy Notice Payments BMC
- Privacy Notice NHS Digital BMC
- Privacy Notice National Screening BMC
- Privacy Notice for Direct Care Emergencies BMC
- Privacy Notice for Direct Care BMC
- Privacy Notice Safeguarding BMC
- Privacy-Notice-Service Analysis BMC
- Access to records request form BMC
Our Practice internet site is intended primarily to provide information about our Practice and Services. We have taken care to ensure that all information is provided is accurate and valid.
However, The Practice accepts no responsibility for use of the information provided. The advice for patients is as comprehensive and accurate as possible, but it can only be of a general nature and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a medical professional.
2. Medical Information on the Web
The Internet can be a useful resource for researching medical conditions. It also has inherent weaknesses that you should be aware of. If you use the Internet for medical research or information, please be aware of the following points:
- Always look for a balanced view – do not rely on advice from one site and seek a balanced viewpoint.
- Remember that anyone can publish anything on the Internet. Make sure that the authors’ names and their qualifications are included – anonymous information may not be sourced accurately.
- Be aware that advertising might influence the site contents – check for commercial sponsorship or for advertising which might influence the information on the site.
- Check that the website is updated regularly.
- Be cautious of online diagnoses or consultations.
- Check the Websites Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
- Beware that Website information or advice sourced from outside the UK might describe treatments not available in the UK.
3. Suitability and Availability
We cannot guarantee that this website will meet your requirements, or that it will be of satisfactory quality, or that it will be fit for your particular purpose, or that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, or that it will be secure.
Further, we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to Our Website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of use of this information.
4. Online Consultations
If you decide to use our online advice or consultation features you must be aware that without a physical examination we may decline to give advice and may ask you to attend the surgery for an appointment.
5. Links to Other Websites
All links from our Practice Website to any other Websites are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.
6. Data Collection
Please be aware that we collect contact details of those who wish to communicate with us via e-mail, collect aggregated (non-personal) information about which pages visitors to our website chose to access, and collect information volunteered by visitors to our website (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service.
7. Hosting, Networks and Data Storage
Please be aware that our Website uses Third Party Service Providers, Vendors and Hosting Partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to support our Website.
Website accessibility statement
This website has been developed by EMIS Health and is run by the specified organisation. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also looked to use ‘Plain English’ where possible in order to make the website text simple to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Keyboard navigation in Mac OS
For keyboard navigation to work in Mac OS an option has to be turned on:
System Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts
In that panel is a check box labelled “Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls”. Check that box and Restart your browser for the change to take effect.
How accessible this website is
Although we have used our reasonable efforts to make the website accessible to all we appreciate that some parts of this website are not currently fully accessible, in particular:
- some of our downloadable documents may not fully accessible to screen reader software
- there are a limited number of keyboard navigation issues including; menu navigation and notification acknowledgement
- the site tagline styling may not be deemed to meet accessibility standards
- table layout for opening times does not use the correct grid format to be deemed fully accessible
As part of our ongoing continuous improvement exercises we are working to further improve on the accessibility aspects of the site.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille then please:
- email: [email protected]
- Call: 0845 124 5245
We will consider all requests and aim to get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or identify ways that we can improve accessibility then please do call or email us to report the issue:
- email [email protected]
- call 0845 124 5245
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ”Accessibility Regulations”). If you have any concerns or issues with our site and are not happy with how we have responded to your concerns, then you may wish to contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Alternatively, if you are based in Northern Ireland, please contact the Equalities Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
EMIS Health are committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Accessibility Regulations.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Content that is not within the scope of the Accessibility Regulations
PDFs and other documents
This site may contain older PDFs and Word documents that do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so that they are accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
This site may contain elements that cannot be navigated through using a keyboard. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.1.1 (keyboard).
Plans are in place to rectify these issues as soon as practicable.
This site may contain elements of styling that are not deemed to be accessible. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4 (distinguishable).
Plans are in place to rectify these issues as soon as practicable.
Google Maps – There is a limit as to how far you can magnify the embedded Google Maps on our ‘contact us’ page. The code for this map is supplied by Google and we are unable to make amendments to it.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 8th February 2021. The test was carried out by the EMIS Health Service Team.
Site compliance was checked using a combination of manual testing and third party tools, including:
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (https://wave.webaim.org/)
- WCAG Accessibility Audit Tool (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wcag-accessibility-audit/kpfleokokmllclahndmochhenmhncoej)