Bloomfield Medical Centre is part of the South-Central Primary Care Network (PCN), and as a result of this we are able to work together to provide evening and weekend appointments with doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals based within the GP-Led Urgent Treatment Centre (formally known as Whitegate Walk-in Centre). This allows our patients to access healthcare outside of the practices opening hours, ideal for those in full-time work or those with younger children.
This service is appointment only and not done on a walk-in basis. To book or manage your evening or weekend appointment, please contact the practice on 01253 344 544 or 01253 951 952. If the surgery is closed, please contact 01253 952950.
Appointments available within the Enhanced Access include, but are not limited to:
- Routine doctors appointments (routine referrals and sick notes are not available within this service).
- Asthma & COPD reviews.
- Diabetic checks / reviews with insulin trained nurses.
- Contraception reviews (including Depo-Provera injections).
- Hypertension reviews.
- HRT reviews.
- NHS Health Checks & Enhanced Health Checks.
- Cervical screenings.
- Sexual Health advice and screening.
- Coil checks.
And so much more!