In November 2023, 8650 appointments were made available to patients. 4153 of these appointments were face-to-face consultations. Sadly, 354 of these face-to-face appointments were wasted due to patients not attending for their appointment!
Unfortunately many appointments are wasted when patients do not attend, which limits the number of available appointments for other patients who need them. If you are unable to make your appointment time, it is important that you cancel it as soon as possible. You can cancel you appointment by:
- Calling 01253 344 544 and leaving a voicemail message.
- Speaking to a member of reception in person or over the phone.
- Using online services (such as the NHS app).
- Replying to the text reminder of your upcoming appointment sent the day before.
- Emailing [email protected].
Every year, approximately £216,000,000 is wasted within the NHS on appointments for patients who failed to show up, on top of the disruption for staff and fellow patients. You can read more on the damaging effects that wasted appointments have on the NHS by clicking here.